Thursday, June 13, 2013
Mindfully Well Days
in Celebrating the
Grand Opening of the Mindfully Well Center
during the Mindfully Well Days,
a FREE Community Event!!!
When: SATURDAY JUNE 22, 2013
Where: Mindfully Well Center
Dr. Rose Mary Shaw, PsyD
12 W. Wenger Rd.,
Englewood, OH 45322
10:00 AM ADHD: Positive Ways for Parents to Survive while Encouraging their children.
Presenters: Rebecca Clarke, PsyM, Rebecca is a Psychometrist at the Mindfully Well Center & graduate student at WSU: School of Professional Psychology.
· 11:00 AM Gardening for Health: Hands-On Family gardening projects that promote family bonding & brain health.
Presenter: Rose Mary Shaw, PsyD & Girl Scout Troop, Dr. Shaw is a Health Psychologist/Neuropsychologist. She recently attended the University of Arizona’s Nutrition and Wellness Conference. She is the Director of the Mindfully Well Health Center.
· 12:00 PM Food as Medicine-Eating for Brain Health: Tasty & nutritious meals and snacks on a budget.
Presenter: Dorothy Clarke, R.D., is a dietician currently working at the Cleveland Clinic.
She has her cultural roots in a traditional approach to Food as Medicine.
· 1:00 PM Bullying: What every parent should know about school bullying & what you can do about it.
What is bullying? Is my child being bullied? How do I get my child’s school to address my concerns? What can I do as a parent? What changes can we make as a family? How do I keep my child safe? This talk will address the answers to these questions. Emphasis will be placed on practical tips and ideas for parents.
Presenter: Dr. Jim Broyles, Ph.D., President of the Ohio Psychological Association and member of the Ohio Task Force on Bullying
· 3:00 PM Ayurveda: Explore the World's Oldest System of Natural Medicine Recognized by the World Health Organization as "a complete natural health care system."
Presenter Rose Mary Shaw, PsyD, D.Ay Diplomat of Ayurvedic Medicine
· 4:00 PM The Importance of Hydration to Health and Healing
Water: the body's most fundamental element.
-Importance of water to vital organs (heart, kidneys, muscles, brain, etc.)
-Hydration and energy levels, metabolism and weight loss
-Science behind natural, clean water intake
-Using water as your first & most crucial medicine
Presenter Uohna Foster, PhD candidate in the Dept. of Neuroscience, Cell Biology and Physiology at Wright State University.
· 5:00 PM Laughter & Health: Experience Positive Aspects of Humor on Brian & Body Health
Presenter: Amy Cowgil, MSW. Amy is a licensed social worker & owner of Fun for All Celebrations, an entertainment company
· 6-8:00 PM Spirituality & Pranic Healing
Presenter: Felicia Beverly, LMT. Pranic Healing is an effective and powerful 'no-touch' healing modality developed by GrandMaster Choa Kok Sui that uses 'Life force' or Prana (Chi or Ki) to heal physical and emotional ailments.
Entertainment & Demonstrations
10-2:00PM Clowning Around with Balloons by Fun For all Celebrations
Free ADHD Screening, Evaluation, and Recommendations
Kangen Water Filtration Demonstrations
Free Chair Massages and Wellness Door Prizes every two hours
For more information and complete event description, visit our website: www.TLC-AC.com
And Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mindfully-Well-Center/163584383816294