See highlights of the rich and varied APA convention programming sponsored by the Public Interest Directorate and governance groups at:http://www.apa.org/pi/convention_2008.html
- Psychology's contributions to public health.
- Incorporating socioeconomic status into research, practice, and policy.
- "Speed mentoring" for women.
- Working with older adults.
- Children and electronic media.
- Strategies for recruiting, retaining, and graduating students of color.
- Eating disorders and advocacy.
- PTSD and trauma in youth.
- New directions in ethnic minority research.
- Ethical practice issues and persons with disabilities.
- Opposing discriminatory legislation aimed at lesbian, gay, and bisexual persons.